Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spiritual Warfare (3.16.15)

God is moving in this city. I can feel it all around me and I am starting to see it as well. He is powerful and He is mighty and His name carries so much strength. It's crazy how many forces out in the world are against God and how in every single moment God’s name conquers. The people who live in this city as well as the people who have come to temporarily serve are going to witness Christ’s power this week. I fully believe that. 

It's the end of the first full day here. As I am writing this, the Grace Bible group is sitting in this building in a circle praying over individuals in the middle. As I am trying to write, words of others' prayers are helping me find comfort in the Lord’s name. Martin has ankle problems and a group of about 10 people are praying over his ankles. Lord, there is power in Your name and I know You will impact everyone here in Your own way. After praying over a few people, tears began to slip out of my eyes. I felt something on my heart that I needed to speak up about, have our group aware of and pray over me for.

Two weeks ago I had a dream that while I was driving my car I turned it off the road and crashed into a ditch. I was not hurt so I got out and ran down the street to my friend’s house, and then after a little while I ran back to my car with police and ambulances surrounding it. My mom was sitting on the ground on the side of the road. In her arms she was holding a dead woman. It was very evident that the woman was dead. I then saw the woman stand up and her face changed – her face looked decayed and her body did as well. She started walking toward me speaking in tongues and when I tried to speak Jesus’ name, my voice would not come out. My mouth would not open. I kept trying to spit out “In Jesus’ name I command you to go away,” (this is what I was taught to say to force demonic spirits to vanish) but my mouth was shut completely and would not cooperate with my brain. 

Then I woke up. 

I lay in bed trembling, still unable to speak. I kept repeating it over and over in my mind but couldn’t manage to open my mouth to say Jesus' name aloud. I felt a heavy presence in my room as I slipped deeper under my covers in fear. My eyes darted to various parts of my room hoping not to catch anything out of the ordinary. After about a minute of uneasiness I mustered up the courage to speak out loud, “In Jesus’ name I command you to go away.” In the instant ‘away’ left my lips, I felt a tingling from my toes to my head that felt like something was lifted off of me. This freaked me out even more and I was still terrified so I turned on praise music and called my friend Blake to pray over me. It was 2:00 in the morning. After two calls he answered. Through my tears I explained my dream and my fear to him and he prayed for me over the phone. I was still crying and shaken up, so he drove over to my house to pray over me and my room in person and stay until I would feel safe. (I am so thankful for Blake and for our friendship that I am able to call him in the middle of the night and that he is willing to help me with anything. He is truly a blessing!)

That was two weeks ago in Nacogdoches, Texas.

Today while a group of us were praying over different City Impact locations in the TL, a man started yelling at us from across the street in a language I did not recognize. When a girl next to me from our group started praying out loud his yelling grew louder and more intense, and then he started to walk across the street directly toward the group. (We held eye contact the entire time.) The terrified feelings I felt after my demonic dream in Nacogdoches instantly came back with a vengeance as it was becoming reality. I placed my hand on the girl's shoulder as she continued her prayer out loud and then I began to pray in my head. As our group said in unison, “In Jesus' name, Amen” the man stopped yelling, turned around and walked away from us.

There is so much power in Jesus’ name. It is very easy to not think about or not realize it until moments when His name proves His power. I was prayed over tonight by the entire Grace Bible group and felt genuine peace and comfort about my life in God’s protective hands and about the power I have in His name over demonic attacks.

Every fear has no place at the sound of Your great name
The enemy—he has to leave at the sound of Your great name
All the weak find their strength at the sound of Your great name
Jesus, Jesus.

As I was writing this post these songs below were playing on Spotify – just what I needed to hear.  Go listen to them and their powerful lyrics! :)

[Your Great Name_Austin Stone Live]
[No Other Name_Hillsong]   
[Forever Reign_Hillsong]

No comments:

Post a Comment